Events & Office Associate
To apply please send an email to [email protected] with the word “Justice” somewhere in the subject line. In your email, include a link to your LinkedIn Profile, resume and cover letter.
Do you love solving problems and think quick on your feet? Find joy in perfecting the small details? Thrive in a fast-paced environment and do your best work under pressure?
The Arcview Group is looking for an organized, self-guided and detail-oriented Events & Office Associate to join our dedicated team in our Oakland, California office.
This is the ideal opportunity for someone who
- Has a talent for juggling multiple tasks and projects independently
- Is highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Is a motivated and entrepreneurial thinker, with a strong sense of responsibility
- Enjoys working with people and is customer service minded
- Support event production logistics, including ordering and organizing event supplies, managing staff travel, and researching event venues and vendors
- Coordinate registration and provide assistance to attendees, exhibitors and sponsors leading up to and during the event
- Assist in the production of digital and printed event marketing materials
- Track and store event related data and analytics
- Maintain strong business relationships and clear communication lines with vendors, clients and colleagues
- Support Arcview Market Research operations, involving shipping and handling orders
- Highly organized, efficient and detail-oriented
- Customer service-minded
- Comfortable picking up new softwares or technologies quickly
- Problem solver with proven troubleshooting skills, works well under pressure
- Self-starter who works well both independently and alongside a team
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field (Hospitality, Communications, Marketing, Business, Events, etc)
- 2-3+ years experience in an operations-centric role
- Time management expert, who excels in setting and adhering to deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and able to travel to support international events 5 times annually
- High level of energy and dedication
- Event organization experience major plus!
- Proficiency in PC and Mac OS, Microsoft Suite, Google Drive, design platforms such as Adobe or Photoshop, and experience with CRM platforms a plus
About the Company
The Arcview Group is the leading investment and research firm in the cannabis industry started in 2010 with a mission to end marijuana prohibition by building a responsible, politically-engaged, and profitable cannabis industry.
To that end, Arcview’s flagship project is the Arcview Investor Network where more than 650 high net-worth dues-paying investor members have pumped more than $230 million into 200 cannabis-related ventures and raised millions of dollars for the legalization effort. Arcview also publishes market research covering various aspects of the cannabis industry including the annual The State of Legal Marijuana Markets, the most oft-cited market data and analysis report on the industry. Arcview co-founded Cannasure Insurance Services in 2011 and partnered with Canopy to launch a mentor-driven seed-stage business accelerator in 2014.
Arcview is in the national news almost every day, including gracing the cover of Fortune Magazine. Arcview was named among the “Top 100 Brilliant Companies” by Entrepreneur Magazine and its principals serve on the boards of the Marijuana Policy Project and the National Cannabis Industry Association.
Despite the fast-paced nature of this role, the company culture is one that radically supports a good work/life balance and encourages no-work weekends and an open-ended vacation policy. At least 4 times per year, you’ll travel for a few days to a new city where we put on a world-class, newsworthy event and a legendary party for our clients. You’ll work in a newly renovated sunny office with adjustable standing/sitting desks and a spectacular view of downtown Oakland. BART is literally five steps from the front door of the impressive historic building. The team values vulnerability, transparency, attention-to-detail, the kind but sometimes difficult truth, accountability, and commitment to results.
Send an email to [email protected] with the word “Justice” somewhere in the subject line. In your email, include a link to your LinkedIn Profile, resume and cover letter.